Thursday, May 28, 2009

Old News, but needed a new post!

This is old news, but Kyle came down with appendicitis about a month ago. We were very prepared, since we had been through this with Mason about 6 months ago. We knew the symptoms and as soon as they appeared we took him to the same hospital as Mason, where they confirmed the diagnosis and decided that he should be transported to a bigger hospital for surgery. The same ambulance driver showed up! And he went to the same big hospital as Mason had gone. Kyle had a different surgeon than Mase, but many of the other people were the same.



Here is Kyle heading in for surgery and us saying goodbye.



Randi and I made sure that Kyle had some company around the clock. He made a very fast recovery. Surgery at 8pm on a Monday night and he came home from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon.



Banner Children's Hospital actually has really good food, both in the rooms and down in the cafeteria. Kyle was in and out so fast that we hardly got any.


Here is a picture of Kyle on the inside taken with the laproscopy camera. The biggest worry that Kyle had was that he was supposed to be going to the Prom on Saturday. The big question was would he be healed enough to go. Well, he did end up going to the prom. He also started soccer tryouts 2 weeks after surgery. Although, Randi and I both still have our appendixes, it must run in the family. I hope that Emily does not have to go though this, but we will be on alert 6 months from now, just in case.











5 comments:

Stan and Jamie said...

Seriously, that's crazy!! I can't believe he was in and out of the hospital so fast!

adamanderinclark said...

Aside from having a baby that is the happiest hospital trip I have ever seen. Everyone is smileing in every pictrue.

ME said...

I agree with the smiling comment!! I couldn't believe the picture of him smiling as he's being lifted into the ambulance - so great!

We really do need to get together soon. And don't be scared of our eating habits. We're actually pretty easy to work with! :)

Flaherty Fam said...

I just realized that I have access to your blog. I am such a slacker. Wow, two kids with appendicitis...crazy!

Kristen said...

I'm glad that the hospital has good food. Kyle does look awesome smiling in all those pics...he's a pro! Disgusting insides though.