Thursday, January 10, 2008

Grandparents Day

It was so fun for my parents to be able to fly down for Grandparents Day at Emily's school. Everyone was supposed to bring some homemade food to share with the class that was from their heritage. Well, last year Kyle was in a Spanish class at school and had to take Empanadas for a pot luck. Why am I telling you this you ask? Well Emily decided that we should take empanadas to her school. I had to explain to her that we were not mexican and that mexican food is not in our heritage. I think maybe she got confused because mexican food is my favorite and we eat it as often as they all tolerate me making it! So anyway, back to what to take from our heritage...the other thought was a German Chocolate cake, since Krause is German. I wasn't sure how well that would go over with a group of kids since most kids don't like coconut. So we decided last minute that she would take in Better Crocker Brownies. Ok, before you laugh let me explain...my grandma's name was Betty and so was Kelseys! So really Betty Crocker is kinda from our heritage! Ok, so I'm not the mother of the year!

2 comments:

QnA Drapers said...

Im sure the brownies were a hit! How fun to have some family come visit! You guys look great- we miss you!

Meli said...

maybe Emily was confused about being mexican because of her great mexican friends the Diaz's lol