Ok, I'll start at the beginning...Emily entered a walk a thon for her school fund raiser. Of course on the day of Kelsey and I went to cheer her on. Now for those of you who know Kelsey and I know that we are not all that competitive (just kidding) really we are kinda outa control. We (as in me and Kelsey, Emily had no choice in the matter) decided that even though most of the kids were just walking that Emily should try and run the furthest. So Kelsey took post on one side of the field and me on the other. He would run her around his side to keep her going and the when she got to me I would run with her for a little ways to keep her motivated. This actually worked quite well for Kelsey and I because we were only running with her for about 20 feet or so and then she would run and meet up with the next one. Emily on the other hand was becoming more exhausted by the minute. Her dark red cheek, heavy panting and crying to stop were not going to deter me and Kelsey. No sir, she was going to go the furthest. Needless to say, she almost passed out of heat exhaustion so we let her walk a little. Anyway, she ended up running 5 1/4 miles in 45 minutes!!! Pretty impressive for a 10 year old. As for Kelsey and I, we decided that it was time for us to lose some weight and become more active since we barely ran and we were exhausted!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You guys are funny. Way to go Emily. And yes you do have a problem being competitive.
Please ignore what Kristen wrote. Competition is the spice of life. Good job, Emily. Stay hydrated while running:). Never let the other guy win!!!!
Matt
Post a Comment