Ok people who read my blog. I am going to admit to all of you that I am over weight and I know it. I need to join a group that begins with...Hi! My name is Randi and I am an over eater! Or maybe more accurately...Hi! My name is Randi and I'm a chocoholic...Hi! My name is Randi and I'm a breadaholic. Anyway you get the picture. So as I was laying on the couch tonight after stuffing myself with dinner and a delicious banana split, courtesy of Kelsey, and my pants were too tight I thought to myself, "self, we gotta get some control!" So I came up with this absolutely brilliant idea...are you ready??? For those of you who know me...you never know what hairbrained idea I am going to come up with next but here it is...it's called "The Marathon of the month club"!!! Before you laugh let me explain. I am hoping you will all join in with me in the quest! We each commit to walking/running a marathon a month. Not all 26 miles at once. But spread out over the whole month. So about a mile a day would put you at your goal. So say maybe on Monday you are really motivated and you do 2 miles then Tuesday your busy so you don't do any, it's OK. It's just 26 miles a month. And yes those miles that you hard chargers put in on the treadmill at the gym count. Are you in???????????????????????????? So here's the deal...we are already well into May so this month is going to be a challenge. But I have to start now. I can't wait for another month to come and go and this balloon that I refer to as my body to keep blowing up bigger! So we gotta amp it up for May and do a couple miles a day. Let's do this together. I need all of you to help me do this!!! Ok, so next who knows how to put one of those measuring graphs on our blogs so we can track our miles every month? I thought it would be fun to be able check up on each other and if we see someone falling behind we can help motivate each other! Oh and in case there's any guys that read my blog you are welcome to join too!!! All you need to do is put your name is a comment with this post. As soon as I figure out the graph thing I'll post it on here so we all can have our graphs. I also want you to put a post on your blog that you have joined the marathon of the month club...let's see how many people we can get to join! It will be fun and we will be helping each other to get healthy!!! Ok...here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Oh yeah baby! I am up for the challenge. Does bike riding count too.
found a tracking thing on tickerfactory.com and put on the bottom of my blog. See if you like that one or tell me if you find a better one.
Great idea, Randi! Your "self" is very smart. I like the ticker idea (I will check it out). Another way to track would be to estimate about how many extra steps a day you need to walk, get a pedometer, and track that on the ticker graph. No, Kristen, bike riding should not count. If so, you need to agree to a lot more miles, at least 2 times the walking distance. An average, but good pace, would be to walk one mile in 15 minutes. In that same time, you should be able to do at 2-3 miles on a bike. I shoot for 5 miles for every 15 minutes (a 3 minute/mile or 20 m.p.h.). Love seeing the encouragement to exercise and improvement. You'd be a great trainer, Randi.
-----Matt
Count me in! I am going to add the ticker now. Let's remember to eat more frequently with healthier foods too. No breakfast and then a Snickers and a Cherry Coke Zero for lunch is not helping me lose weight like I thought it would. LOL!
I'm definately in!! Good idea self Randi!
I'm jumping on the bandwagon too... count me in, but a 1/2 marathon in May due to feeling yucky most of the month!
Post a Comment