Well, I'll start with the bad news and end on the good...As many of you know, a few weeks ago I got a call from my good friend Vicki, (we're travelling buddies) that she had some bad news. We were going to the Michael Buble Concert in Fresno on May 6 so I thought maybe she was calling to cancel. Oh, how I wish that would have been it! But no, she had gone to the emergency room with a stomach ache and they found large tumors in her stomach. So she went in for surgery last Monday. After a gruelling 7 hours of surgery they found and removed cancer in her ovaries, diaphram, stomach, liver, colon and right before they closed her up they found the source of the cancer...it's called Gastro Esophogial Junctional cancer. It's where the esophogas (sorry my spelling is terrible) meets the stomach. That's why the cancer was spreading everywhere because that's a major junction. And that also makes it inoperable. They can't remove it. They can give her radiation to keep it from growing so that she's not in a lot of pain but it won't cure or kill it. So after hearing this news I got on a plane Tuesday morning and went and spent the week in the hospital helping her. We had some good, long talks and enjoyed our time together. I really want to say thanks to my mom for coming right away to take care of my family! What a relief it was not having to worry about them. And thanks to all of my friends that called and offered to come and help with the kids. I really appreciate it!
The good news is...we did get to go to the concert before she had her surgery and it was fabulous!!! We had a great time! Michael Buble really puts on an awesome concert.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Good news... bad news!
Posted by randi at 7:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I'm glad you got to make that trip! I hope your friend starts to feel well soon! And where are the pictures from the concert? ;) Thanks again I had a blast yesterday!! Stanley was extremely impressed!!!
I wondered where you were!! I am so sorry to hear about your friend--thankful that you were able to go see her and help out! Glad you had a great time at the concert!!! Take care!
I'm glad you were able to go and help your friend. It's always great to have good friends.
Good thoughts and prayers go out to you guys and your sweet friend.
Sorry to hear about your friend but I'm glad you were able to go to the concert together!
Post a Comment