Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall Break Adventure

What is a Fall Break Adventure you are wondering? Well the kids had a couple weeks off from school. The first week we had company in town and the second week I really wanted to do something fun together. Now let me tell you, when your kids get older they like to hang out with their friends more than you! It's sad but the truth. So when I plan something that's going to take them away from their friends it's gotta be good or they won't want to come with me! So I typed up this fun itinerary and submitted it to them for approval. They loved it and were super excited! Our adventure started out flying from Phoenix to Nashville to visit the Mizikawa's and do some Civil War site seeing. We were there for 2 days and then flew Nashville to Charlotte to Buffalo, New York. We picked up our rental car and drove to Niagra Falls, Canada! Ok, if you've never been to Niagra Falls add it to your bucket list! Absolutely amazing! While were there I had found this Great Wolf Lodge to stay at that included an indoor water park. Talk about fun!!! Once again I would highly reccommend this to anyone with kids of any age! We spend 1 day there and the we were off to Salt Lake for a soccer game. Only problem is that when we flew from Buffalo to Charlotte we couldn't get any flights to Salt Lake in time for the game. So hopped the next flight out of Charlotte to where ever it was going...Washington DC. Once there we were in a dilema we really wanted to stay and spend some time exploring(Emily has never been there before) but Mason and Emily had soccer games we had to get back for. So we jumped on the next plane back to Phoenix. We were sad to see our adventure end but happy to be back home with Kelsey. Next time we are going to try and persuade him to come with us!



We had to get up at 4:30am to catch our first flight to Nashville. We were all so tired! Here's all the kids passed out on the plane!



I was doing so good putting the pictures in order until now! This picture goes with the ones at the bottom of this post, us at the plantation. It was called Travellers Rest because the owner was always travelling and liked to come home and rest. The next two pictures below this one are at a different park.
Of course when I found out there was a WW2 memorial here we had to come to it. I love WW2 history! This park was in downtown Nashville and it was amazing!
Here's Kyle by the mushroom cloud that ended the fight with Japan!

This is Travellers Rest. This is the front of the house. When we got there we kind of thought, "this is it?" But then we got around the back and...
This is the side view. It was actually really big! It was fun to tour and hear about all the famous people that have been there! Of course no pictures can be taken inside. That's the only bummer about these old houses!



The kids thought this old outhouse was pretty crazy! It had 3 seats in it. Can you imagine sitting next to 2 other people while doing your business? The original people that lived there didn't even have an outhouse. They had the chairs in the room with a hole cut out. This was added 2 generations later by their grandkids to use.


4 comments:

Mizukawa's said...

well you know who poops on the side of the road. I don't think that would be a problem

Kristen said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I am sure your kids will remember it forever.

Preston said...

Randi, I will be sure and tell you. I have the collegiate nationals coming up in the first week of april at ASU so I will be sure to call you. e-mail me your phone number so I don't lose it.

here is my e-mail: thepassalongs@gmail.com

thanks

ME said...

Hey Randi! I'm so glad you found us!! What a fun trip you guys had. And I FULLY agree - we need to get together sometime soon!
- Melanie