Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First Day of School

Here's Emily on her first day of 7th grade! Here's the story about that binder...Her school is a "Backpack Free" school. They don't have lockers and parents were complaining about kids back carrying around heavy backpacks all day so they did away with backpacks. So now they can only carry a binder. So last year we went through 3 binders because they get trashed! When we were looking for one for this year they were all UGLY! So we decided to get a solid black one and give it some bling!!! It turned out so cute and she was so excited. Well she also had to take in 2 composition notebooks so while we were at it we decorated those too!

Here's the back of the binder...

And the 2 composition notebooks.
Here's Kyle and Mason getting ready to go to zero our together. How fun that they have a class together! I'm sooo glad they are such good friends!
Kyle's first day of 11th grade. And no, he wouldn't let us decorate his binder or backpack!

Mason's first day of 9th grade...HIGH SCHOOL!!! So excited to have 2 kids in high school. It makes me and Kelsey feel really old!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Isabel has that same shirt as Emily. Love the binder. I really think you should steal Kyle's and decorate it for him! And you and Kelsey aren't old...you should have another baby for fun.

QnA Drapers said...

are your kids already back to school? Yikes- summer went way too fast! They look great ;) Hey- I think I snet your blog invite to a wrong email- email me your right one-

Stan and Jamie said...

Her binder looks so cute, I'll have to see it up close! I also found this way cute project to make a cute diaper wipes case...so you'll have to help me, you basically cover it in fabric and ribbon, so right up your alley!