Here's Kyle getting his first pistachio gelato. It was sooo good!!! I think we ended up eating about 3 gelatos a day! Hey you know what they say...when in Rome...do as the Romans! Ok, so maybe they don't stuff themselves with gelato and pastries but you know that Kyle & I love, love, love treats!
Of course we found a pastry shop right by our hotel in Rome. It had delicious pastries! I love this picture of Kyle laughing hysterically with a pastry in his mouth. That about sums up how the whole trip was. My favorite thing about the whole trip was that I took Kyle with me!

What can I say other than YUM! Yes, me and Kyle sat on the bed eating pastries. It was one of our favorite things that day!

Ok, so I'm sure your not surprised that we didn't just pick out 1 or 2...we had to get a whole tray full. And no we didn't snack on these over time. We walked straight in and ate the whole tray! We were a little sick afterwards, but hey they were good!

Ok, here's the thing...they don't have prices ANYWHERE! You just order and then they tell you how much to pay. This was about our third day of G
elatofest 2009. I walked into this shop and they had these chocolate and coconut covered cones. I of course said, "I'll take one of those please." They guy shakes his head and says, "special cone, special size" I think...OK give me the "special size". I had no idea it was
6 scoops!!! As I was watching him make it I thought, when is he going to stop scooping. Then he added all those yummy wafers and handed it to me. I was in HEAVEN...until I got to the cash register and she said," 12 euros please" my hands started sweating and my heart started pounding as I did the quick math in my head and realized I had just spent $18.00 on a fancy ice cream cone! But boy was it good!!! The good news is... after that I didn't take another bite of gelato! So in all honesty it really saved me money because I couldn't eat any more after that!
3 comments:
Randi I love love love your crazy life some day I guess!!
Looks like you had a blast. I love those pastries....yum who cares if you paid $18 bucks for ice cream! YUMMY!
Fantastic!! I love the adventures taht you have! Way to live in today!!
Post a Comment