Monday, September 28, 2009

Roman Coloseum

So I'm too overwhelmed with pictures to post them in any kind of order so I'm just going to pick highlights and post individual things.  I'll start with the coloseum because it was one of our very favorites!!!
This is inside the Coloseum.  The floor is obviously gone but this shows down below where they used to put the animals before the battles.  It was crazy standing in something with so much history.  We listened to an audio tour that said that over 2,000 men and over 9,000 animals were killed here.  
Here's Kyle & I standing out front.  It was cool to walk out of the subway tunnel and come upon something so amazing!
Here's Heidi & I standing inside.  It was raining pretty good at this point!
Kyle wanted to go back at night to see it all lit up and boy was it worth it.  It was soooo awesome!

3 comments:

Crandall Family said...

What a fun trip! I'm so jealous!

Stephani said...

We are so jealous - we wish we could have been there too - it looks amazing!

Stan and Jamie said...

Those are awesome pictures and it definitely looks like it was worth going back at night!!!