Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Visit to the Cake Boss

Here's a crazy story for you...it starts a couple weekends ago when Kelsey
and I decided to get away for the night and we went and stayed in a hotel in Scottsdale. We made the mistake of clicking on the TV and TLC's Cake Boss was on. We loved it so much we watched like 8 episodes in a row! As we were watching we decided that I needed to go there and get some pastries! So I went to work that next week and talked to my coworkers about it. 3 of them decided to go with me. So on Monday night we flew out at 11:10pm to Charlotte. Then we connected to Newark. We got there about 9:30am, picked up our rental car and went straight to the bakery. I was so excited! We met one of Buddy's sisters and told her that we had come just for the day and that we really wanted to meet Buddy. She told us that he was out shooting a TV show (not cake boss) and that he would be back at 1:00 pm and that she would make sure that we got to meet him! So we left and went out to lunch and then walked around down by the Hudson river. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was there. The weather was unbelievable. I would have stayed forever if Kelsey and kids were with me! So then it was time to go back. We picked out our pastries and then waited.. while we were waiting Buddys mom and other sister came out and took pictures with us. Next thing I know here comes BUDDY!!! He was so nice and totally talked to us and told us thanks for coming. It was crazy that I was standing there getting my picture taking with the CAKE BOSS!!! After we took pictures and bought pastries it was time to go home. Our flight left at 4:35 and it was a long flight back home. But it was worth it! The pastries were sooooooo goood!!!! Here's the box I brought home for Kelsey and the kids.
This is a small sample of all the goodness that they make. The top right had corner is Lobster tails. They are a flakey crust with filling. There's some Napoleons in the upper left corner and some tarts, canoli's and eclairs.
No, this isn't a wax figure of Buddy..this is the real deal. Me and Buddy the cake boss!!!
Me with Buddies sister and mom. They were so friendly!
Buddies mom treated us like she had known us forever. She was so nice!
Me and one of the big guys off the show. It was soooo awesome to be standing there next to all these famous people!!!
The bakery was in Hoboken, New Jersey. It was so beautiful. We stood there on the Hudson looking across at the New York Skyline. I've decided I could live in Hoboken. The people were so friendly and the town was super clean!
We had lunch at list little place along the street. We had some yummy mushroom risotto!
Yay, the famous Carlos Bake Shop from Cake Boss!!!
Here are me and my coworkers with Buddy's sister.
Some of the cakes that were on display.
Me by one of the wedding cakes that was on display.
Here we are in front of the bakery.

Me, Heidi, and Brenda on the red-eye to Charlotte. We had so much fun! Kyle and Kelsey enjoying some of the pastries at home.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Awesome! I love that show too! You are my hero Randi...getting those pastries and flying all over the country. When I grow up I want to be just like you. BTW...love your shirt.

Kristen said...

ps...got a good one on the 5b's

Lindsay P. said...

Oh my gosh, I am so freaking jealous!!! I love the Cake Boss and I love meeting famous people. That is just so cool!!! I wish you would have made it onto TV. That's your next mission. Also, next time you need to stop in OKC and bring me and the Kasemeister a lobster tail! yum yum. I love the East coast. If I was rich I would live there and never leave!

Stan and Jamie said...

So AWESOME!! It looks like it was a blast! He looks so much bigger on TV, those pictures are so cool!

VegasWatkins said...

Holy Cow you are amazing!! Where do you get your energy from? I love to hear about your adventures!!

adamanderinclark said...

That's so cool that you can just take off to somewhere like that. I guess if Adam and I want to see the world for real I need to get a job with an airline. otherwise we would never be able to pay for it.