Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Sorry guys there's no picture to go with this one... since I hate pictures of myself and this about me! Well, many of you know that in order for me to transfer to Phoenix that I had to go full time at my job. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to be able to go part time because really...it's way to much to work full time, commute for 2 1/2 hours daily, make dinner, clean the house, soccer, scouts, activitiy days, homework, taxi cab driver...you all know what I'm talking about! Anyway, we decided to fast for something to become available and what would you know but the next day on the web site a part time position came up at the Central Baggage Resolution Office (CBRO). I applied...interviewed...and got the job. I am so excited! I am a little sad because I won't be working at the airport anymore and I will really miss the hustle and bustle but honestly I don't think I'll miss the being yelled at by angry or crazy passengers anymore. Oh, by the way...one funny story on that...the other day I was trying to explain to a guy that his plane came in late and he missed his connection so he couldn't fly out until the next day because of the deicing line in Chicago. And also that we wouldn't be paying for his hotel room either because when it's weather it's not our fault. He started yelling at me that I didn't know anything about deicing, weather, etc...and his final insult was that ...are you ready... I didn't know how to fly planes! Um...really, never knew that, that's why I'm working here for $9.00 an hour! (for those of you surprised by the 9 dollars an hour, yes I did just get a raise!) Anyway, he is correct. I don't know how to fly planes! OK so back to my new job. It's still for US Airways but it's at a different location that the airport. I will be dealing with claims for lost bags. Here's the good part...closed on SUNDAYS!!! And only open 5am to 6:30pm and I only have to work 3 days a week! Yayyyyyyy!!!! Here's the funny part...I was talking to my supervisor over there asking her about any training or anything. She said no, just come in on Monday the 18 around 6:30am and they'll give me a 1 new task a week to learn. I started to wonder what could these tasks be that take a whole week to learn? I bet your wondering to. Well, my first task is going to be learning how to time, date stamp incoming faxes, before you start laughing wait until you hear the next weeks task...I will learn how to open mail!
WOW. But hey I can do anything to be home more often with my family. So in other words, I will be needing a list of everyone's favorite books so in my spare time at work I have something to do! After I start I will give an update on my progress weekly!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
New job for Randi!!!!
Posted by randi at 8:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Im so excited for you- that will be great. I hear you are taking a trip to vegas for your birthday- I wish I could come and play too! Have a happy one!
I can't believe you don't know how to fly planes. What is that about. I am glad you will get to spend more time with your family. Way to post more pics. too.
HEy I wAS hoping to find out the answer to the picture question. I think the new job sounds so good that will be nice to not have to work on Sundays and the nights and spend time with the kids more. But knowing you you are going to go crazy if you can't be busy so YOu will have to come up with a new method on running the joint
Post a Comment