Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The trip to Boise...

We got to the airport and decided to take a flight to Salt Lake. That was as close to Boise as we were going to get by air. Then we would rent a car and drive the rest of the way. Good plan except for the weather. We got all the way to Snowville and the road was closed at the Idaho/Utah border. We figured it couldn't stay closed forever and there were no hotel rooms so we would sleep in the car until it reopened. Here's the kids attempting to sleep in the back of a "mid-size" car. Not fun!!! By around 6:30 the next morning there was no signs of the road opening any time soon so we decided to turn around and take a Looonnnggg detour through Pocatello. Long story short...we eventually made it to Boise and had a wonderful time!


To top it off our flight to Salt Lake ended up being 2 hours delayed so we didn't even take off until 11:45PM. Thank goodness the kids had all opened their IPODS so they had something to do at the airport!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Where to start will all my comments.
1) I know I say this everytime, but man Kyle is just growing up. He's huge (and I think the girls are going to LoVe him). Nice grandfather clock too.
2) I love Kelsey's dad's moustache. I think Kelsey should grow one.
3) Love the pic of the kids all sleeping
4) Love Emily's face when she opened the Ipod.
5)Glad you had a great Christmas.