I wasn't going to tell anyone about this race until I actually completed it. That way if I backed out I wouldn't have to explain to anyone how big of a wimp I really am. But here is Kyle, me and my dad getting ready for the race. I don't know what happened but Kelsey didn't end up in any of the pre race pictures.
After Kelsey and Kyle finished they came back and met me and my dad at about the 13th mile.
Here's my dad somewhere around the summit. Yes, that's snow behind him. It was pretty cold up there.
Kyle...2 hours 1 min. and me and my dad...4 hours 3 min. Kyle ended up getting 9th place in his age division. Kelsey and Kyle have decided to train harder and try to beat their times next year. My dad also wants to train harder and do better next year (actually he could have done much better this year except he vowed not to leave his wing man...me) And as for me...well I am perfectly happy with my time and the simple fact that I finished at all and can still walk! I'll probably wait another 10 years to do it again. ( That's how long it has been since I did it last. I liken it to childbirth...you need some time to forget how painfull it is!)




9 comments:
Way to go! That's awesome! I could never do that!
Good Job you guys!
Hey! Congrats on the race!! That's AWESOME!! And your new background is very cute!!
We are the toughest chicks ever!! I knew you'd do it, even though you tried to keep the whole thing on the down low.
Next time, we're running together.
GREAT JOB!! Ya the bagpipes would get me off to a good running start--- to get away from them!!!!
Well that totally tops walking to smiths and back lol. That is awesome. One of my lifetime goals it to run a marathon we will see if it ever happens!
wow I am so impressed. I would love to try that someday. Hey tell Kyle happy birthday. And come and visit soon. I will try to get a close up of jakes face and post it.
Good job guys! Looking at the pictures, I can tell Robbie Creek isn't in Phx. Is that up in Idaho or something?
Jesus
You guys are awesome!! I only dream of doing something like this. I would have faithfully cheered from the sidelines. Cute pictures of your family. We love them. My kids love seeing your kids. Come visit us sometime!
Post a Comment