Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sad news...

I got a call on Saturday afternoon that my Grandpa had passed away. I knew it was going to be coming, but your never really prepared for when it actually comes. My very first reaction was ,OK at least he's not in pain anymore and I know he's in a better place. But then guilt starts eating at you and you think back to so many "why's???" Why didn't I go and visit one more time, why didn't I call him that morning, the list goes on. But as I hit my knees and turned to my Heavenly Father I was comforted that he knew how much I loved him. And I can't wait to go to the temple and perform his work since he wasn't a member. I know I will feel his spirit close to me then. Anyway, I want you all to know that I believe...

7 comments:

Stan and Jamie said...

So sorry to hear your sad news...it is sad to lose a Grandparent! But I'm sure he knew you loved him! And how special that you will get to do his Temple work! :)

Stephanie said...

I was really sorry to hear about your sad news! It is always hard to lose a loved one, even when you know they are no longer in pain.

Kristen said...

Sorry about your Grandpa. It's so great that you have a strong testimony and can turn to the Lord in your time of sorrow. We are thinking about you.

Stephani said...

We are sad for your family - I took a ton of pictures at Thanksgiving and I will post them today or tomorrow in a slide show -we wished that you were there - we had a great time. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Stephani said...

Oh yeah - will you email me your address so I can send you a Christmas card - my email is steph.june.brown@gmail.com
Thanks

QnA Drapers said...

Maybe he and my grandpa are palling around now. Im so sorry Randi- I lost my grandpa on Thanksgiving. We are going to the funeral this weekend. Glad to know families can be together forever!!

Meli said...

Randi of course he knew how much you loved him and our thoughts are with you during this sad time. We love and miss you guys!!!