Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thought for the day...

So today is the big day. Kelsey is at the testing center taking his test! Yippeeeee. The day of freedom has finally come at the Krause House! So in preparation we went to the temple yesterday. And I know all of you know about my friend and the trial that she is facing with her health. But so many of my other friends are having big trials too. I think with the economy in the pits that it is taking it's toll on people's finances which adds stresses to marriages and families. I also want you to think about Satan and how hard he is at work on us because we are the strong one's that have been saved for these times. Especially our kids...that is who he is after. He is trying to get to them through us. Anyway, while I was in the temple reading the scriptures I like to just flip it open and see where it takes me spiritually...Alma 31: 31...O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strengh, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me...

So that's it...our souls can be comforted through Christ and I pray that we can all have patience with the trials that we are having and know that we are loved and Heavenly Father knows each of us and knows how much we can take.
I love all of you and am so grateful to be surrounded by such great people. Thank you for all your prayers today on Kelsey's behalf! I will post later when he gets home and let you know how he feels! We won't have the results for about 3-4 weeks so keep up the faith!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Good luck Kelsey! I'm so glad he will be done so that you guys can have some fun (even if it is only for a few days). I love the scripture and inspiration. BTW the walk to and from to pick weed was 1 mile.

Mizukawa's said...

Yahoo. I know the feeling. It will be great. I am flying to utah to see my fam for a couple weeks. so Oct will work out great.

Meli said...

Don't you love when the scriptures speak to you?? Cool.